I got a newsletter today from Einstein’s Eye’s, they are a firm located in Texas that is very similar to Pleth. We met up with Joe Constantino at HostingCon this past year in Chicago and actually had the opportunity to follow up with him after the conference on the phone, he’s a very sharp guy and a lot of fun to talk to. In his newsletter he had a link to some Search Engine Truths that I found to be right on the money with the research and results we have been finding. Here’s a snippet of their post and a link: Search Engine Truths
- Unique Title information on every page. When title information is repetitive the search engine thinks the pages are repetitive.
- Find relevant directories and include your listing. This could be anything from Yellow Pages, Yahoo, a local service directory or professional group.
- Remove technology like frames and extraneous graphics. This is a guaranteed way to not be seen by search engines.
- Text is very important much more so then graphics, but actual visitors respond to graphics not just text. It is important to keep them in balance.
- Keep your message accurate and up to date. More frequently updated sites tend to be indexed more frequently. More usable updates satisfy visitors.