Having an awesome morning at NWA Techfest, great turnout for the inaugural event. Since all of my slides are ready for my 2pm presentation I figured I would live blog my notes (since I left my moleskin at home). So, if you were unable to make it up to Fayetteville this morning, enjoy…
— Cotton Rohrscheib (@cottonr) August 24, 2012
- Had an early morning spotting of the one and only @arlton (Arlton Lowry).
- Had an awesome time hanging out and reconnecting w/ some old friends like Michael Paladino from Rockfish Interactive and made some new friends like Joey Nelson from MobileFWD.
- Shan Pesaru from Sharp Hue did a great job discussing usability during his session and inspired me to brush up on several of the usability tools that I refer to from time to time on projects. Several people in the session mentioned some interesting new products for wire-framing that I’d never heard of before. Needless to say I have a list of apps to checkout when I get back in the office.
- Really enjoyed Angela Belfords session on why her firm uses WordPress almost exclusively. We have a very similar philosophy when it comes to running an agency and the advantages to using WordPress.
- Angela announced that Wordcamp Fayetteville will be the last Saturday in July of 2013. The cost for the conference will be $30.
- The lunch provided by Penguin Ed’s was amazing!!
- Enjoyed a session on Twilio by Matt Berkland from #truckily. My friend Stewart and I have been brainstorming ideas all afternoon long!!
- Really enjoyed doing my session on Genesis Framework, had some really awesome folks to interact with and it was a great time. I’m attaching my presentation slides below:
Some very kind words from Jeremy!
— Jeremy Williams (@brotherjwill) August 24, 2012